VIETNAM RESIDENCE CARD
GUIDANCE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A VIETNAM TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD
I. WHO CAN GET VIETNAM TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD?
Foreigners of the following cases are allowed to get a Vietnam Temporary Card or permanent residence card.
- Member of Limited Company in Vietnam which is set up with by more than two members
- Owner of a One Member Limited Company in Vietnam (except for the representative of being authorized)
- Member of Board of Directors in a Vietnamese Joint Stock company
- Lawyers who are granted law work permit in Vietnam
- Employers with related work permit working in Vietnamese enterprises or Representative offices of a foreign Country in Vietnam.
- Experts, students who are working or studying in Vietnam granted by national projects signed by ministries, and approved by the government.
- Family members (of those who already get Vietnam temporary or permanent residence card granted)
II. Procedures to get Vietnam Temporary or Permanent Residence Card Granted
- The application form N5 including N5A and N5B with two photos glued.
- One copy of passport and visa (original passport are required on submission for comparing)
- One copy of legal profiles (the original is required on submission for comparing) of the company, organization, enterprise guaranteeing application for Vietnam temporary or permanent residence cards. This requirements depends vary from case to case. For most cases, following documents are required: Confirmation of Investment Certificate, Business Registration certificate, license of Establishment of Representative office, Company Branch (including announcement of activation), The Certificate of Seal Registration, one copy of work permit (the original is required on submission for comparing)
- Submit proof of residence registration by ward police where the applicant live
- For case of family member, proof of relation including wife, children, are required. The proof include Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Family population book
A Vietnamese temporary or permanent resident card can have validity from 1 to 3 years.
For those who do not meet all requirements for getting a residence card but want to stay in Vietnam for long time are advise to get a 6 month Vietnam Visa, Evietnamvisa.com can assist you with Vietnam visa extension
To apply for 6 month Vietnam visa, please start at Vietnam Visa Application page
For further information and advice, please contact us