Overstaying Vietnam visa
Many foreigners, for some reason, let their Vietnam visa expire without extending visa and over stay in Vietnam. In a few cases, they can pay the fine fee, and then request visa extension. However, in many cases, they are not allowed to get visa extension but the exit visa, and then leave the country within one week.
1. What to do in case of overstaying Vietnam Visa?
- Immediately contact the Immigration Office in your local area for advice
- In case they cannot help or require anything that you cannot meet (e.g. legal documents), just contact us.
2. How much to pay for overstaying Vietnam Visa?
Normally two fee types of penalty are to be paid for overstaying visa: fine fee, and extension fee (in case you can get visa extension) or exit visa fee (in case you are forced to leave the country).
In case the overstaying time is just 1 or 2 days, foreigners are not forced to go to the Immigration Office, you can pay directly at the airport to get exit visa and leave the country.
In case you still want to stay in Vietnam with the expired visa, then you must be supported by a company or visa agent in Vietnam to arrange the necessary requirements to get an exit visa.
In most cases, a few legal documents are required to be presented before you can get the procedure completed.
3. Overstay Vietnam visa due to lost passport, what to do?
Passport renewal many take few weeks, so in case you lost passport while residing in Vietnam, you are advised to:
- Immediately go to the ward police to write the Passport Lost Report and get the confirmation sealed by the Ward Police, contact us in case you need help.
- Contact Embassy of your country in Vietnam to arrange the passport renewal as soon as possible.
In case there is no Embassy of your country in Vietnam, you can contact Embassy in another country and ask for diplomatic note (email us to get sample)
- Contact Immigration Department of Vietnam to arrange visa renewal or contact us for support.
4. Overstay in Vietnam with expired visa and forgot visa extension
Many foreigners stay in Vietnam for a long time and do not pay attention to the validity of their visa. In case your visa has been expired and you, by any chance, recognize this, you are advised to contact the Immigration Department of Vietnam to arrange an exit visa or visa extension. Or contact us for support in arranging paying the fine fee and get the legal permission for your leaving or staying in Vietnam (if possible).
5. How to leave Vietnam with overstaying visa?
As mentioned, in case of overstay for 1 or 2 days, foreigners can pay the fine fee at airport and exit the country. Other cases of expired visa are required to pay the fine fee, and even a report on reasons of overstaying in the country before get an exit visa.
Foreigners can arrange directly with Immigration Department of Vietnam or use our support; we charge the fine fee as penalty by the Immigration Department and few more USD for the service fee.
For any related information about Vietnam visa, expired Vietnam visa and solution to overstaying Vietnam visa, kindly contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or hotline (84) 943 25 25 52.